Monday, February 25, 2013

Run in the Headlands

Back to the location where it all began. Here is where I was inspired to create BayTrailrunners. I have run here many times, but I am still amazed at the incredible views this part of the Bay Area offers. Even better is that I can still find spots I have never been to before, like "Slackers Ridge".

I set out to run a circuit my friend Ben calls "City Lights". It is a short 6 miler that starts at the Conzumel turnout and heads northwest towards Rodeo Beach, then takes a long climb up Miwok and circles back to the start. Since it was so nice out, I decided to stretch the distance a bit and add some more mileage. Check out the run stats I posted on my Strava profile.

I feel very fortunate to be able to live and run in this part of the world. The photos below will give you an idea why.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment